The French Tangerine is a curated shop featuring special accessories and unique home furnishings, distinctive entertaining pieces and exclusive lines. Otherwise known as access to awesome!
The French Tangerine began as a blog in 2011. By 2015, an online shop seemed a natural progression. What a blessing to have put into practice the old adage, when you love what you do, it doesn't feel like work.
I love nothing more than searching for and acquiring beautiful products for the shop. I have quite literally run out of room in my own home for continued home shopping to be justified. What's a girl to do? This, friends, is opening-the-shop reason numero uno.
My intention is to find distinctive home furnishings highlighting artisans and vendors not found in every department store. After doing a post in 2013 on Aptware, a beautifully marbleized faience pottery from a small town in France, I was overjoyed when I came across a skilled artisan and vendor residing in that region. The excitement when I found this elusive product was pure inspiration. The thrill of providing access to highly specialized and sought after products like this, reveals opening-the-shop reason number two.
I am not a design professional, however I am a lover of fabrics and inspiring interiors. Although I may not entertain frequently, I celebrate entertaining beautifully. This passion for design and decor is yet another important motivation for opening this shop.
The encouragement of friends and family (and complete strangers) to provide an outlet where they could find and order beautiful accessories for their homes, makes up the final piece of the inspiration pie for this online shopping experience. I am thrilled to offer this resource and only hope that it brings inspiration and assistance to those striving to beautify their surroundings.
MY DESIGN PERSPECTIVE:
- Build rooms around personal pieces ~ special finds from travel, cherished family heirlooms, or treasured favorite pieces are the most important parts of a space and a good place to start when designing a room.
- An emotional response to a found object is a good indicator that it will be treasured and adored for years to come… Don’t miss the opportunity to make a special find your own if it’s a possibility.
- Designing with enthusiasm and passion leads to a beautiful home. I get pretty excited about wallpaper and fabrics. It’s what I love and it shows.
- There is happiness to be found in beautiful color and detail… take the time and make the effort to turn your surroundings into a space that makes you happy.
- Kindness is the greatest and most beautiful accessory. I mean I just love this.
Think of The French Tangerine as an outlet connecting you, the shopper, to vendors you might not have access to otherwise. Please remember, this special connection doesn't allow me to ship out items from my "personal shop" instantly. Call me the middleman. In most cases, you, the shopper, will place an order through me. I will then have the vendor ship directly to you. In some cases, there will be a bit of a delay involved. Also, the merchandise won't come wrapped in tangerine tissue paper and a pretty pink bow :) It will arrive directly from the vendor in whatever packaging they use.
The French Tangerine hopes to provide inspiration, access to awesome, and a service to shoppers who strive to make their surroundings more beautiful. Cheers!